Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded down 0.5% against the U.S. dollar during the one day period ending at 12:00 PM ET on March 4th. Ethereum Classic has a market capitalization of $2.93 billion and approximately $603.76 million worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last seven days, Ethereum Classic has traded 18.5% lower against the U.S. dollar. One Ethereum Classic coin can currently be bought for approximately $29.25 or 0.00262645 BTC on exchanges including Bitcoin Indonesia, YoBit, Koineks and OKEx.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 2.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $11,169.60 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded down 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $859.56 or 0.07719370 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 2.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,247.29 or 0.11201400 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded down 1.8% against the dollar and now trades at $209.16 or 0.01878400 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $357.07 or 0.03206680 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded up 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $15.56 or 0.00139745 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 1.8% against the dollar and now trades at $110.19 or 0.00989602 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $396.62 or 0.03561940 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 1.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.50 or 0.00031468 BTC.
About Ethereum Classic
Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Ethash hashing algorithm. It launched on July 30th, 2015. Ethereum Classic’s total supply is 100,277,902 coins. Ethereum Classic’s official message board is forum.ethereum.org. Ethereum Classic’s official website is www.ethereum.org. The Reddit community for Ethereum Classic is /r/EthereumClassic and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Ethereum Classic’s official Twitter account is @eth_classic and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can’t shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic.”
Ethereum Classic Coin Trading
Ethereum Classic can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Poloniex, BitGrail, BigONE, Tidex, Huobi, ChaoEX, CoolCoin, GOPAX, TOPBTC, CoinFalcon, Korbit, Cryptopia, Gatecoin, Gemini, Cobinhood, Bibox, Bittrex, Kraken, Coinbene, Coinut, bitFlyer, YoBit, Tidebit, Mercatox, Bitso, xBTCe, CoinEgg, Bancor Network, Kucoin, Bitfinex, Bitcoin Indonesia, BTCTurk, BTC Markets, Lbank, HitBTC, Upbit, Quoine, Binance, Coinsquare, Gatehub, GDAX, Koineks, ACX, Koinex, Independent Reserve, BX Thailand, Allcoin, Liqui, DSX, Gate.io, Livecoin, Bitinka, CEX.IO, EXX, Bitbank, Bit-Z, ZB.COM, Coinrail, QuadrigaCX, Mr. Exchange, Coinone, OKEx, WEX, EtherDelta, Exmo, BitBay, Qryptos, BtcTrade.im, Bithumb, CoinExchange, Bitstamp, Coinnest, RightBTC and COSS. It is not currently possible to buy Ethereum Classic directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ethereum Classic must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Ethereum Classic using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Classic Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum Classic and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.